Operator (Production Qualified) CLASS 1- First Shift/Second Shift
TITLE: Operator (Production Qualified) CLASS I – First Shift/Second Shift
REPORTS TO: Production Supervisor
JOB STATUS: Full Time, Non-Exempt
SUPERVISORY EXPERIENCE: This position has no direct reports
• To perform forklift operations, packaging, labeling, tin flowers, truck unloading, and tending to various tanks throughout the facilities
• To assist minimally in the warehouse when called upon
• To promote safety in the workforce according to the guidelines and regulations enforced at Reaxis Inc.
• To continue to evaluate and improve quality in the most economical and cost-effective way
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Train on and operate non-production related equipment as needed at Reaxis Inc.
• Apply cooperative attitude and support during day-to-day operations in the form of multitasking including but not limited to assisting with production and packaging of material, plant housekeeping, and off-loading of trucks
• Follow written procedures according to provided instructions
• Ensure that product and packages are clean and properly labeled
• Maintain a clean and safe work area by following safety rules, wearing PPE when appropriate, and pro-actively identifying hazards
• Offer suggestions for process and manufacturing improvements
• Operating fork lift trucks effectively
• Be able to work alone, safely and productively.
• This job operates in an Industrial setting. This role is routinely exposed to manufacturing equipment such as tanks, dryers, centrifuges, pumps, valves, piping, hoists, ladders, filters, and hand tools. This role occasionally uses standard equipment such as computers and phones.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. See below for supporting details
• Hand Tools
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
• This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. (1st shift) / 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. (2nd shift.)
• There is occasional mandatory overtime, including weekend work on short notice.
• This position does not require travel
• High School diploma or General Equivalency Diploma
• Demonstrable experience in working in a team-based environment
• Willingness to work overtime/shifts.
• Ability to lift greater than 50 lbs
Experience operating a fork truck.
This position is subject to all terms and conditions of the labor agreement between Reaxis Inc. and the International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace and Agricultural Implement Workers of America (UAW) Local # 204.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates are requested to please submit a cover letter and current resume to the attention of email@example.com.